Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing 3 - Blog Search Tools

I chose
Technorati (as suggested) and
Google Blog Search (because it is after all Google).

My search was: “Library 2.0”

Technorati: 4494 results
GBS: 4,244,939 results

Technorati:
1st page of 10 results were a little off, not real indicative of library 2.0, results like
Winamp 5.52.1800” and
“Html and Uri String Encoding without System.Web”
GBS:
1st page of 10 results were a little muddled, not too enticing, like “Library 2.0/Church 2.0…02.04.09 « The Proverbial Lone Wolf ...” and
“» Book Review Group Members Adventures in Library 2.0”

Technorati:
Had 4 search filters for the results, definitely a plus, along with links to related videos interspersed within the results.
GBS:
Had a “Related Blogs” feature at the top, definitely a plus, along with a date/time sorter and an advanced search feature.


I’m amazed and a little overwhelmed by all these blogs out there. I’m sure I’ll come across some good ones in the future, mostly through hearsay I suppose. But maybe I’ll get lucky and find one through a search engine. Either way, it will take a while for me to find a few good ones, especially since I tend to be so thorough and time indulgent, with so little time - that’s assuming I don’t push it aside and forget about it.  I believe blogs have a lot to offer, but it will take a while for me to adapt and get the most/best use out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment