Monday, February 16, 2009

Thing 8: Communication - Web 2.0 Style


I admit, I was already familiar with AOL, Yahoo, MSN, and MySpace instant messengers, but I was not familiar with Google Talk.

This may be especially helpful to add with all the other Google products. Is there anything Google doesn't do? Okay, maybe even in 2.0 land, there's still room for Google to grow, in particular, I would like to see Google in Meeboland.



I was especially glad to see Meebo, since I had heard about it before. I knew it could be embedded into a Web page, and saw a reference to it in the Virtual Reference at Nebraska video, playing in the background as I'm typing this. I really loved being able to aggregate several Instant Message accounts into one though. Personally, this helps to stay in touch with friends that use other IMs, but in the library, it also helps reach out to many different users. I would really like to see this implemented at reference desks since it seems just about as justified as a phone, in my opinion.

I created a Meebo account for the first time and added Google Talk to it. This is really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment