Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thing 4: RSS and Newsreaders

Sweet! Thing 4 was easy, especially with Google and the Google Reader. I had set up an account before, and (thanks to Google) I could easily find it and manage it. I'm glad to see Blogger is a Google product, as is Google Reader AND iGoogle (which I hope is coming up in one of the "things". Essentially, I can log in to one of these and get logged in and manage all of these Google products together.

I found the video “RSS in Plain English” to be simple, helpful and informative. I had already set this up before, but confess that I never used it after. I think I'll try to log in more often, especially since I like keeping up with the news. Nevertheless, I prefer to log into iGoogle to see my news (through all my subscription gadgets) rather than log on to the Google Reader. I guess it depends on individual preference.

I definitely like the idea of avoiding ads! That's wonderful! I'm a little frustrated that I can't add HTML code here with links though. Maybe I'll try using that "compose" button up on the right.

2 comments:

  1. Great! :( I can't seem to go back to edit my post, and that compose button is gone. I will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now it would be really cool if I could get this on my phone! :)

    ReplyDelete