Friday, February 6, 2009

Thing 5: Flickr



I confess, I wasn't looking forward to Flickr for a few reasons.

#1-Why would I need a Flickr account at work? - I can see it useful for the library to post pictures, although I know there are several considerations, like copyright, parental permission for kids, "public domain," etc. I just didn't see myself getting a Flickr account and posting my photos on Flickr for the whole world to see.

#2-Redundancy - I already post my pictures to myspace and facebook. So why would I post them to Flickr also?

I do like going to Flickr to search for images though, and I like being able to tag them and find them with tag names though.

I also liked using the map to see what places look like. I would really like to be able to use that for all the scenic shots I've taken, but this will take quite a while to load.



Instead of setting up a Flickr account, I decided to search for images instead. My main searches were for "Pepsi," "Gainesville" and "Otto NC".

Pepsi gave me several images, few of which I liked.

Gainesville gave me images from Georgia and Florida (since there's a Gainesville in Georgia)

Otto NC surprisingly had some images and mapped them, which I really liked. Not much a collection though. I would almost prefer going to the new Google map images available now. It would be great if Google Maps also gave you the opportunity to post your photos onto their site of all the scenic shots people take in their travels.

And for this Thing, I'm going to add a link to one of the photos I found on Flickr ...

Pepsi

2 comments: