Monday, February 9, 2009

Thing 6: Flickr Mashups

I wasn't too crazy about continuing with Flickr, but decided to give it a try nonetheless. I'm a big fan of mashups, though iGoogle is probably the most practical and useful for me thus far. Nevertheless, I tried checking out the Flickr mashups.

The clocker was neat, but I got too frustrated trying to figure out how to upload it to this blog.

The "Flickr Color Pickr" was also neat. I could find this especially useful if I'm trying to find a photo with a certain color, although I wasn't all that interested to upload this to my blog.

I didn't find any of the others particularly interesting or useful. Perhaps if I had more time, I might explore them in greater detail.

Finally, I decided to revisit them and check out "Big Huge Labs" in greater detail. That's when I found the "Map Maker." This is always fun, though I've never been able to find one that actually works like I want it to. I decided to make a U.S. map of all the states I've visited. I don't know if this will work or not, but here goes a try. Thank goodness for "Preview." I like being able to change the colors.




No comments:

Post a Comment