Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thing 23: ?

Where's my prize? :D

I mentioned this in my survey, but figured I could blogit here and ensure I got credit for Thing 23 :D Yes, I confess, I want a prize! I started this really excited about it and soon came to realize how much of a challenge it was. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it who was less motivated or knowledgeable about this than myself, especially when given this as a mandatory work requirement. As such, it is very difficult to fit this into work doing 15 minutes here, 15 minutes there. I can't see that. It was a struggle for me to do this at work and have a good conscious about it. I did fairly well up until Thing 16 when I just could do it at work and had to take it home. I wanted my prize! :D

The reason I mention the whole work/home front is that in some libraries, the line is plainly stuck in between. There is no taking home some of the work. For example, I can't check my work e-mail from home. Nevertheless, I can e-mail my e-mail from work to a personal account and this would be OK, sorta. Other work environments are different, like my time in the Marine Corps. Work is work until you get the mission done, no matter where you do it.

These 23 Things have many applications, and I predict the lines of home and work can easily be blurred in the Library 2.0 world. For me, that works, but when expecting this of others, in certain work environments, it is unthinkable.

So, again, where's my prize? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment