Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thing 17: Podcasts




I enjoyed the common craft show video on podcasts. It gave a really good explanation of podcasts. I tried podcast.com first, which allowed me to browse their podcast collection by different subjects. Although I didn't find anything library related, with links to education, government and others, I finally settled on a few news sites. These included Fox News and CNN, which I can definitely see as helpful.

I tried searching for "reference" on all the sites, podcast.com, podcastalley, yahoo, education podcast, and itunes, but didn't come up with much library-related podcasts specific to "reference."

I liked podcast.com and podcastalley over all the others and I must admit they might be helpful if I search into it enough to find something. I liked finding the link to sirsidynix podcasts for the latest updates, but this required itunes, which I don't have, nor really want. With so many things to upload and so many things to clog up the computer, this can really be a challenge, especially jumping from one computer to another.

Overall, podcasts are much simpler than I envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment