Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thing 18: FaceSpace


Finally, the long awaited social networking! I started on MySpace a few years ago to connect with old friends living far away. Then I got onto FaceBook. MySpace had more flexibility in design, but FaceBook has definitely grown in popularity and many more applications. I'm guessing MySpace may die out and relinquish it's domain to FaceBook eventually. Though I must say that I hope everyone is aware of the new policy guidelines for FaceBook. Basically, all that stuff we don't read but agree to anyway is now telling us that FaceBook owns EVERYTHING we put on there; pictures, content, etc. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something to keep in mind.

I've gotten a chance to connect with many people, old friends, coworkers, etc. through these sites. Nevertheless, the open doors have led me to be a little more conservative in what I post. I'm glad to have the diverse group of friends however.

I haven't indulge too much since my first few weeks on MySpace, where I went crazy expressing myself and changing designs. Now I just check on my accounts on the go through my phone. I'll be adding friends and sending messages on my phone which is very convenient. Nevertheless, I haven't indulged too much in groups and other applications. Maybe I'll look into these in the future. For now, I joined a few library groups including Library 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment