Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thing 15: Rollyo...yo...yo your boat...


I thought the concept of Rollyo was really great. I love the idea of customizing and personalizing things. Nevertheless, I was a little disappointed with the outcome.

I was reminded of a service offered a while back called "Yahoogle" that allowed you to conduct one search while looking at search results from Yahoo and Google simultaneously. I tried this with Rollyo but was warned it wouldn't work effectively with search engines.

So then, I tried a new search with government sites and tried to find food stamp applications and other E-Government tools. I didn't really get pinpoint information and therefore gave up on Rollyo.

Perhaps if I find sites that are worth searching through, I may try this again, but I just can't really find a use for this right now, either personally or professionally as a librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment